Have you ever tried using coconut oil in the kitchen? I use it all the time. Not only do I use it in the kitchen but I use it on myself as well! Sound strange? I know, I know.. but trust me this do-it-all oil works wonders and not just in the kitchen people. Here are 5 of my favorite ways to use coconut oil outside of the kitchen below:
- Hair Treatment- If your hair is ever feeling a bit dry just get about a tablespoon of coconut oil and massage it into your scalp and hair. Don’t forget your ends! I like to do this and then wrap my hair in a shower cap and leave it on my hair overnight. When you wake up make sure to wash your hair with extra shampoo to get it all out. Your hair will feel so silky smooth and shine bright like a diamond. I try to do this deep conditioning treatment once every two weeks. If your hair is extra dry try it once a week.
- Makeup Remover– Simply dip a q-tip into your coconut oil and use as your eye makeup remover. You barley need any, it goes a long ways!
- Shaving Cream- Rub a small amount of coconut oil onto your legs and shave. Coconut oil works great as shaving cream and also leaves your legs silky smooth. Make sure to rinse out your bath well so the next person who comes in to shower doesn’t slip and fall.
- Body Moisturizer– Instead of buying tons of expensive lotions with lots of chemicals, simply use coconut oil as your new favorite moisturizer. Your skin will be left nourished, moisturized and smelling delicious!
- Cuticle Cream- Want your nails to grow? Rub coconut oil into your cuticles for healthy & long nails. Also while your in the area, use it on your hands for a hand moisturizer.
*Tip: For all the above the coconut oil needs to be warmed or at room temperature. I always keep my coconut oil out on my kitchen or bathroom counter and when I use it for a beauty treatment I usually take a spoon full out and mix it up in a bowl to make sure its not a hard clump. You also can heat up the oil for 10 seconds in the microwave if needed.
How do you use coconut oil? Have you ever used it outside of the kitchen?